- Theme: “Forests for Prosperity and Posterity”.
- Organized By: The ICFRE and FRI will be the Focal point of the conference, with support from MOEF&CC, Government of India and Commonwealth Forestry Association..
- Date: 3rd to 7th April, 2017.
- Venue: Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun Uttarakhand, India.
- Call for abstracts opens: 01 MARCH 2016.
- Call for abstracts closes :
30 September 2016 Extended up to 7th November 2016.
- Registration opens : 01 JULY 2016.
- Notification to Authors: 31 OCTOBER 2016.
The world today is undergoing rapid socio-economic and technological changes, which have implications for the forest and environment sector, in turn, affecting the ecological, economic and social wellbeing of the people. The forestry sector must keep pace and adapt to these changes. The “Commonwealth” refers to the Commonwealth of Nations, an association of 53 sovereign nations that work together to achieve international goal of peace, democracy, law, human rights and sustainable development with greater trust and mutual understanding. Forests are global resources and need to be managed in accordance with international laws, conventions and agreements to address local and national requirements and mitigate pressures exacerbated by climate and environmental changes. The year 2017 will be a key occasion for forestry professionals, academicians and all those interested in and associated with forestry sector in the Commonwealth, they will gather and share their experiences with a view to learn and develop a vision for the future that will involve inclusive and sustainable growth and development. The first Commonwealth Forestry Conferences was held in 1920 in London. Since then, the conferences have been held regularly to discuss various aspects of management of forests and focus the action on the changing priorities of the forestry sector.
For details please visit: www.cfc2017.in